Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's time

Is it really time to go? Tomorrow we will leave to get our MARINE!!! I can not begin to tell you the since of pride that I am feeling right now. I would of never thought in a million years that he would grow up to be a Marine.

When he left I cried for the first 2 weeks. The first month lasted forever. And honestly I can't begin to tell you where the heck the last 2 months went. And now I sit here and we leave tomorrow.

God has been so good to me durning this time in my life and I have grown closer to him. I have fallen at his feet in prayer many of times. Learing to lean on him and trust him. HE has made my heart content.

Now I have to deal with the realization that Aron is not staying home. He is simply coming home to visit. It's time for him to start his own life. I know that God will be with me through this season of my life.

Thank you to all of you who prayed for Aron (and me) May God bless you all.
Keep praying for him as he serves as a United States Marine!!!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Chris, I'm so proud of you!!! You have come a long way since a year ago when he was first considering all of these life changing decisions.

God is faithful and you are smart to turn to him with it all. He will never let you, or Aron, down.

Love you!!

Kelly Marin said...

Oh how awesome you must be such a proud mom! God is so faithful! I know Leah just said it but its so worth repeating. By the way can you send me your address it seems I always get your card back

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of the new Marine!!!! Have lots of fun with Aron and the rest of the family!!! ~~ Glad I got a chance to talk with you before you left for CA. Love you!!