Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It was a great day




A card from the boys!! LOVED IT!!!



First I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who called, texted, and came by today to express their happy wishes to me today. I had a wonderful day!

I recieved lot's of cards, gifts and flowers!! I am truely blessed to have such wonderful family and friends near and far. I love you all.

Dave took me to dinner at Red Lobster! YUM!! We had a wonderful time alone just chatting without any interuptions. Then we went to Barnes and Noble to pick up a few books. Of course I had to have my favorite ice cream from Baskin Robbins, Mint chocolate chip! We then headed home to find all the boys sitting on the couch relaxing.

I was welcomed to a bouquet of fresh picked flowers from Noah's garden. And a card with some chocolates. Such a beautiful bouquet!

Me: "Who put these together?"
Marcus: "Noah's grandpa."
What thoughtful boys!! After I get done opening the card and hugging and kissing my boys with a heart warm felt "thank you" they all say "Okay we can get back to our poker game now"

Then they all pull out their chairs with all their poker chips and cards on them and put them back on the table.

Funny thing was I guess Dave was suppose to call them to let them know that we were coming home. But he forgot. So when they heard the garage door go up they quickly put everything on their chair and placed the stuff on the table like so then jumped on the couch like they had been there all along.

Sneaky boys I tell ya, sneaky!!


2 comments:

Leah said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day, Chris! You deserve it!!!

Sarah said...

Sounds like it wasn't so bad turning 37!! Glad you had a good day. It must be nice to be able to go out with your husband and not have to worry about getting a babysitter! LOL ~